Saturday, January 22, 2005

Jet Lagged in Maastricht

I have arrived.
It was an arduous journey which ended (as usually happens when I fly) with one missing bag. Just as well because with my enormous carry-on, and a bike box, I had more than enough to carry. When will I learn to pack clean underwear in the carry-on?? Besides that, with all that's happened, some retail therapy went a long way. Thanks British Airways. We'll see if I ever see it again, in which case i may not be so cheery.
I messed up the train thing as well because i was so out of it. stupid jet lag. I ended up on a train heading to Rotterdam which is NOT the direction to Maastricht. not even close. Happily, you can always count on the kindness of strangers. At the end of my tour-de-Holland via rail, I arrived (an hour late) in Maastricht where some nice boys picked me up and showed me where i live. That was a trick...I thought Nicolai was a girl's name, so imagine my surprise when a young man came up to me with a little too much purpose. Luckily, he wasn't interested in mugging me. just carrying my bike box. new best friend!!
I found Erin shortly after my arrival (she is another girl from u of t) and we puttered around Maastricht in search of clean underwear before the stores closed. Upon successful completion of that mission, we ate, then crashed. We both went to our rooms for the night. or so we thought.
Two hours after I fell asleep, a knock at my door...a party going on right downstairs. how convenient. so of course we went. We didn't last too long, and i was back in bed by 2:30. I slept until 1 like it was my job.
Today, I am looking after a few things. I got a phone number for example, which is free for me if you call, so no need to feel guilty! it is 0628842130. don't ask me how to dial it from Canada. Since my bag still hasnt'arrived, I had to pick up a few more essentials to hold me over until it does. assuming it does. Scary thought.
Now, I think it would be best to find something to eat. I am about to be kicked off the computertron, so I best sign off.
Keep in touch!!
KL

1 Comments:

Blogger Angry Brown Man said...

How long are you in Europe for? Welcome to blogland!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home