Thursday, February 24, 2005

In a Funk

I desperately want to get out of Holland this weekend, but it looks like I will only be able to manage getting out of Maastricht. Tomorrow (Friday) we were given the day off, by surprise, which is actually really annoying. had I known sooner, I would have been able to get accomodation i can afford in any number of European cities. Now it looks like I will just be day-tripping. I feel like it is a waste of a long weekend.
I hate the weather here at the moment. once the temperature climbs a little bit, I think I will be more motivated to travel. I was going to go to Paris, but Paris in the spring sounds much better, so I don't want to waste time on paris in the cold and wet. although does weather really matter in the Louvre?? All in all, I am frustrated.
Franzi, (German) is leaving this weekend anyway, so I would like to be around for her send off.
More bad news: I broke my MP3 player this morning. I am cursed when it comes to small electronics. or else just über clumsy. life without portable music is not something I feel strong enough to face at the moment, so I will be looking for a cheap replacement. i will probably just break that anyway. i'll write some more when i am feeling less blue.
to cheer up though, check pungents.com and click the "demand" link for punny things to say about holland. PS, they're in the Post today. check out the arts/entertainment section: --> http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/artslife/story.html?id=f4f4aa02-ef3e-4b2a-bba0-27e6871dab00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home