Monday, February 28, 2005

TGIF!

Friday was everything I'd hoped it would be. I slept in until I woke up, which was around 2 as opposed to the alarm clock. There were birds singing. Ladies and gentlemen, sunny day in Maastricht number 5. First thing on my agenda was to go to reception, fill up my laundry card (3E per load!!!! GOUGE.) and pick up a package i had been notified of. I was very excited to receive training treats from home, and very surprised to find valentine's flowers too!! I don't know what the etiquette is on online thanks so I am reluctant to name names, but they know who they are, and THANK YOU BOTH! let me just say that the receptionist is a useless bag of flesh, and didn't bother to get in touch with me about the flowers which arrived monday, until friday, and so please, if anyone else would like to send foilage my way, perhaps an email with a suggestion to check at reception would be the best way to avoid receptionist incompetence. my favourite part was that she made it my fault that she couldn't get in touch with me. I asked if she tried to call my cell, and she said "oh we don't call mobiles". WTF??? I didn't let her ruin my perfect friday though, how could I? I then got to strut around with an armful of flowers and a parcel. :) I hung around, took it slow, walked to the bike store, got some toys, and thought about what I would do with the rest of the afternoon. Cam called and she was starving, so we agreed to meet at school for some Mensa eats. Mensa is the dutch way of saying cafeteria, although I am almost certain it isn't dutch, and it isn't the brand name, so really i don't know why we say that. Point is, they have great soup. A few calls/sms later, and Fenna and Erin were on board. Then we changed our minds in lieu of waiting until 4:30 for the opening...yes, it took me that long to get my ass in gear for lunch. like i said, friday was everything i'd hoped it would be. The four of us went to a 'real' dutch restaurant instead and chatted a la sex in the city. We tried assigning characters, but that got really cheesy. It was brought up that those four characters are in every woman, and the point of the show is to isolate those extreme characteristics in one woman. so deep. we're silly, i know. Fenna was off to Amsterdam for her mom's b-day, so the three remaining amigos settled up (always confusing...) and walked home. I then rolled my fiets outside with a backpack of product and a bucket of water and went to work. She loved it. I will include photos of her makeover. unfortunately, I managed to mess up my front brake, don't ask how, and although i did attempt to fix it myself with limited success, I think I will take it in. I have issues messing with brakes. that's on today's agenda.
Cam and I then headed to the gym, I showed her some weight exercises, sat on the bike, and then we came home to start dinner. Dinner turned out to be chicken in a mild tandoori sauce, green beans a la Cam (tres delicious! ...clean beans, put raw into pan with olive oil and fresh garlic, fry to taste) brown rice and half a 26er of Malibu Rum. Then we went up to the floor party on Erin's floor which turned out to be the usual migration from floor to floor with the security in pursuit. They are such party poopers. Then we got suited up and headed to Backstage (after a date with Mr. Daniels of course...) for some dancing. I wasn't into it though because the strobe light was annoying me, AND, I discovered that Backstage has a pool table. So I hustled some Dutch boys for a little while, and then walked home with Damien (a friend of mine from Paris). Cam and Erin had already gone home because Cam was on some mission or other involving our friend Dan from Halifax. oi. Damien and I stayed up until around 4. I found out that he is a photographer and so he showed me some of his work, which was beautiful. He had some amazing photos of the Eiffel tower and it turns out that they were taken from his flat window. I think he lives about 50m from the tower and 'The Clan', as we (me, Erin, Fenna, Cam) are affectionately referred to in the guesthouse, is invited to stay there whenever we are in Paris. Right on. I ended up staying up until 6 talking to Jerome, and then finally went to sleep.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home