Monday, June 27, 2005

Sleep deprived of the world, UNITE

there is someone snoring in my hostel. not even in my room, but in the one next to mine and so sleeping is now out of the question. it is 6:30am and i just cant fight it anymore.
even the reception guy can hear it and he has tried to wake up mr snuffles who was russian and apologetic, but still snoring. in a fit of frustration, i tossed in a note that will make no difference but which temporarily made me feel better.
does anyone have any brainy suggestions?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, use some foam ear plugs when sleeping in the hostel. I find the plain yellow cylindrical ones work well... the funny cone-shaped ones are usually covered with some weird substance that I seem to be allergic to. You can get them in pharmacies anywhere. Ear plugs helped me sleep well through 50-person dorm rooms with at least 10 people snoring! except for that one time where the person on the bunk right underneath me was snoring like a chainsaw...then a little bit of bunk shaking did the trick.

good luck with the snores!
cheers,
Marc

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, what kind of bunk shaking was that?
;)

.T

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, I can see how that could sound bad...trust me, it was purely functional, the sleeper below was some smelly 60 year old lady...I was on the top bunk, and she on the bottom bunk. When I got up to go to the bathroom when the chainsaw woke me up, the subsequent climbing up onto the top bunk was enough movement to stop the noise.
Marc

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home