Wednesday, June 15, 2005

When disaster Strikes....

So while I am here, galavanting in Rome, relying on a carefully planned itinerary, i was smacked upside the head with some very distressing news. I was not banking on the netherlands railway operators to take Friday as official strike day. this makes sense to them because then all the people they are screwing over from 3am until 11pm can just take the day off work and get a long weekend. they forgot to ask me about it though, and i need them on friday because that is the day my sister arrives in amsterdam. our wings have been officially cut. i have agents working for me in maastricht to try and find a rental car that is automatic (why oh why can't i drive a stick?!) or else a ride....oh woe is me. why is it that the dutch trains consistently screw me over? this is the third time now in as many trips. my hands are tied on the matter as i am in rome at the moment, and won't be back in maastricht until late thursday. i have to be in amsterdam by 11 at the latest on friday. any advice would be welcome, but oh yeah, my friggin email is down too. damn utoronto.ca.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

y not just stay in amsterdam for the night (thursday to friday)... save yourself the there and back again trip.

M

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bummer. what about the bus?

carlito

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it would make sense to stay in amsterdam, but that raises other questions that i can't address. ie how do i get to amsterdam on thursday? then, how do i get home with my sister on Friday? there is no regular ground transportation (ie greyhounds) in the Netherlands because they have such an "awesome" rail system. i think i have convinced a reluctant dutch fellow to drive me AND tour amsterdam with me and my crazy twin all day. who'd a thunk? so....i think i can quit panicing. that's what friends are for!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home