Saturday, May 28, 2005

Newsflash

So besides being finished with university and such, what else has been going on?
Erin recently celebrated her birthday (the 24th, same as Vicky) and so in honour of the occasion, Fenna, Cam and I put together a little tea/dinner party. Cam and Fenna expertly replicated the mint tea they had enjoyed on their trip to Morrocco and it was exquisite. Cam decorated her room for the occasion and we had a little Morrocan theme including a smelly rug she bought there. Smelly, but beautiful. Then we moved to Fenna's kitchen where I made everyone pancakes from the family recipe, served with Maple Syrop from the family homestead farm and topped off with a Maple Mousse dessert, a favourite of the Queen. Fenna made Latkes from scratch as well and so it was a regular breakfast for dinner. It was delish.
The next night was Wednesady, and Cam, Wouter and I went to see Star Wars III. There was supposed to be a fourth nerd in tow, from my floor, but at the last minute he got cool and bailed. I am a die hard fan, so although I acknowledge all the criticism, ie the dialogue is wooden, bla bla bla, i must say i enjoyed it nonetheless. Hello, it is star wars...it isn't exactly trying for oscars or anything. It is just a comic strip in the end really, and the story is excellent. However, this third one was really tough to watch...like Titanic or Romeo and Juliet: You know what's going to happen but you're still hoping it doesn't. very intense. I think episode 4 will be my new favourite star wars now though...the characters mean so much more to me now that the prequels are complete. Obi Wan is no longer some old guy in a movie that we meet for like 2 minutes. And Darth Vader has so much more depth now as well. So I am looking forward to pulling out the oldies when I get home.
other than that, I have mostly written papers, avoided friends and bike, and lugged around library books. I got an 8 on my gothic fictions paper which was great. I think I did really well on my exam for euro history, but the results remain to be seen on that one. I hated the tutor. She was awful. Ask me about the exam experience later....i don't want to type it out now because i am in too good a mood ;)
The weather has been unbelievable for the past couple of days. It has been 30+ for the last three days and I am dying of heat. I got badly burned this morning in the boat at 9am, so that goes to show you to wear your friggin sun screen. I am ashamed. sorry mom.
Yesterday was an intersting day: I finished school, got an ice cream, and ended up in Venlo...most unexpected. I had paella for dinner at a spanish restaurant in holland and ate some of the biggest mussels i have ever seen. they actually grossed me out a little. but made me miss home a little because ross and i used to have the best mussel parties...
The carnival came and went...I went on the ferris wheel and it wasn't so bad. We all went in this haunted house thing, and it was actually scary. somebody touched me on my shoulders, and I screamed. then I was embarrassed. It was a great old fashioned mid way though...never been to one before because I am sketchy about "put together in a week carnival rides"
I don't know what else...I think I'll quit now, and start heading home. I always lose my appetite in the heat and it just occurred to me i haven't really eaten yet today...and it is five. whoops.
Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home