Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Home again Home again, Jiggity Jig.

So for those who don't know, I once again walk among you. I have returned to seek my fortune and organize millions of photos. in that order.
i flew home on Friday, Canada Day, and immediately hopped a train to Kingston for some R and R at the cottage with family before tackling the scattered pieces of my life in Toronto.
We went to see some fireworks and thank god they were loud ones or else i would have been right out. i slept comfortably with the sound of the lake and the leaves rustling outside on the breeze and it was just what the doctor ordered. however, i found out that my dutch cell phone doesn't have to be on for the alarm to work and i was awakened rudely at 8am London time to my stupid "Get out of bed" song. at this point, i was mondo confused, a little panicked as well...but we made it through it. i was up early and was quickly joined by my aunt dee, uncle dan and parents for coffee on the dock. i love the cottage.
then my dad and i went for a really greasy breakfast at the local spoon, but it turned out my appetite hadn't made a complete recovery so i have to say that my performance was shameful. it was still enough fuel to make it through our morning bike ride. My uncle and cousin Garret came with us and we toured around the country side for a bit in the name of fun and fitness. once returned, naturally, we jumped in the lake. then beer of course.
after enough lazing around, it was time for lunch and then water skiing. yee haw! my cousins are outshowing me better and better every year. not that i am a great waterskier, i'm not, but it is always astonishing to me at how much they improve from the last time i was in the boat with them. Eric is even slaloming and he is only 10. i can't slalom...the though terrifies me.
of course, like all good things, it came to an end too fast. our last night we made a big dinner then played Cranium and had a good laugh at the world through the eyes of a 10-year old. there was a mix up between sigmund freud and sigfried and roy. we laughed our asses off and gave him the points anyway.
now i find myself in pickering working on the "recovery of my life" plan. yesterday was a pretty big day...bought myself a new bike, went to the dentist and handed in my course work so that maybe, just maybe, i can graduate. today, i am working on employment and obviously, personal administration so with any luck, i will hopefully have a decent photo update for you in the near future.
so that's that. the adventure ends...for now. already Maastricht seems so far away, but i have a feeling it will be an emotional afternoon as i sort through the photos. i am so glad i did this, and i would recommend it to anyone who asked. i had the time of my life and i wouldn't change a thing!
over and out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao Kris!!!!
Missing you in Prague...the good old days in Maas behind us. Hows tdot? exactly how we left it? Will write more when i get the chance, headed to Madrid on Sunday and then Sevilla to hang with my big sis!
Love Erin

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home