Monday, April 18, 2005

La Weekend...version 2

#%$&*!@#~ I just wrote a nice long post recapping what has gone on in my world. then it got lost.
So here it is again in the summary version. Blast.

-Thursday night: Ladies and I got all gussied up just for fun and went out for cocktails. then a party on Erin's floor, then Fenna and I wound up at Highlander
-Friday....can't remember much more than having dinner and watching sex in the city. had an early appointment saturday morning....
-Saturday: Met the rowing club who have accepted me! Very nice people. nice club: even has a bar and fireplace lounge. brand new boats (vespolis i think...only looked briefly) and also a girl to row a 2x with. best part: can take out a 1x whenever I want.
-Saturday afternoon: Rugby match. We had a large guesthouse contingent join a bus rented by the local pub (Shamrock) and their rubgy team who were interested in seeing Holland vs Belgium in the World Cup 2007 qualifier match. We mostly just cheered, drank beer, and wore as much orange as possible. on the way home, we were serenaded by the Rugby team from Shamrock in some of the most vile drinking songs I have ever heard. for a limited time only (it takes up too much of my webspace to leave up) see the song that starts: if you come to live in maastricht, do you know what you want to be?

A GOLFER!


Sunday: Early rise to see the start of the 40th annual Amstel Gold Race here in Maastricht. Met Mo and another fellow Jaap for a bikeride and on the way found the racers again as they passed Valkenburg. I took a great video of the peleton and the rainbow of jerseys and whoosh of wheels, but it is in line behind the drinking song for webspace, so look for it soon. also, stills from recent days to be albumized in near future.
And that brings us to today. I still have to finish reading Frankenstein so I must be off!
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home