Thursday, April 14, 2005

Bowie's Revenge

Hello hello hello.
My days follow a pattern lately, so no doubt you are not surprised to be hearing first about a bike ride. I thought I was going with Mo, but I guess we got our lines crossed and I left without him feeling much snubbed that he never called as promised. (i know you are reading this Mo!) I started off on my own with some music to keep me company. Half way through the "Maastricht Route" I came across a cyclist with a flat. i started thinking about what tools I had with me etc in case I could lend a hand. When I got closer, i found that it was in fact MO, my prodigal training buddy. talk about bad karma, eh ditch? jk. what are the odds though? we left around the same time, chose the same route, and everything. other interesting things I saw on my ride included another freaked out horse (what is wrong with those things?!) a RED fox, a raptor of some sort flying low right in front of my for a good 25 metres and 2 fighter jets, also flying low...and it would also appear drunk because formation seemed to be a bit of an issue for one pilot. i guess that's why you practice.
When I got home, I met up with the gang from C4.20, my adopted corridor, since mine is soooo stimulating, an we piled into three cars and drove to an outdoor hedge maze. How ironic that we got lost on the way to get lost. Marco let loose a continuous strain of italian obsenities (one of these days someone is going to be an italian speaker and throw it back in his face...) and we fumbled our way through dutch/german directions, lost one of the cars in our convoy, found them again, and made it inside the maze with 20 minutes to spare before closing.
I admit, we thought it was going to be just a laugh. an easy peasy maze to occupy some time and give us something to do (and blog about...) however, we stand corrected. That maze was friggin hard. We wandered around for almost 2 hours bumping into each other, getting separated, getting lost lost lost. Finally, we succeeded and found the middle. The reward? Well, supposedly, the maze's centre is at the point in europe where germany, netherlands and belgium all converge. So yesterday I accomplished the impossible feat of being in three places at once. not just two. oh yeah, three. Pictures to follow.
Today, not so much has happened. I rode for an hour, had a little something to eat, but the cupboards are a litte bare, so ended up at the sandwich shop. i think i have to bring it home with me, because i don't know how i'll live without deli belgique. now i am at the library messing around, (i believe the technical term is "procrastinating") before dutch class tonight.
I lead my discussion group tomorrow so I had better get on with it now.

PS MARC! thanks for the CDs! they came today and I can't wait to listen. will write soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe they got there that fast. Sometimes Canada Post surprises me.

Enjoy!
Marc

7:57 PM  
Blogger A Boylan said...

Your bike ride escapades bring me memories of the summer of my 20th year when I travelled to Europe and took a rented bike on a ride from Bruges to the Nord See with a Quebecois girl who was eventually disappointed that I didn't do things to her in a Dutch field. What can I say? She wasn't quite up to my level of Dutch field action.

It was my birthday 10 days ago so you'd better wish me happy birthday!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oi, i posted a comment on YOUR blog on the day of your birthday. right beside the sumo wrestlers. but just in case this is simply a matter of techno failure...HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
btw, dutch field action is overrated. they are full of cow poop and the wild beasts that produce it.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home