Friday, March 18, 2005

Spring is Sprung!

We have been really blessed lately with the weather which is not what my Canadian readers want to hear, but tis true. I walked to school today with only a t-shirt. Last Friday, I walked in my togue and winter coat!
I have been on the bike everyday, except yesterday due to scheduling, and today I even saw some flowers! We are expecting 22 on the weekend and I am hoping for great things in Monaco on Wednesday. There are no robins to really check the season, but I did see some bumble bees so I think that proves it.
how was St. Patrick's Day? I planned on doing nothing. I wound up out until 4 but never did find a bar with Green beer. Valentina, one of Erin and mine's group mates, invited us over for Tiramisu, home-made, and champagne, so we started the night off right! Then we went to Murphy's, an Irish pub of course where they were advertising a contest to "win a trip to Canada". It was a quiz type thing and I wanted to enter so that maybe I could get around the stupid Residence Permit, but no further information could be found. oh well.
Later we went to the Shamrock, where there was a live band with a fiddler and man did I miss my sister. Kim, you would have loved them!! and you probably would have weasled your way on stage too, which I would have loved. But alas, I guess we'll wait until June.....or May?? get on it.
today I went biking with Mo on some belgian trails and I am pretty sure I remember how to get there now so maybe I will get up the courage to go alone some time for some hill training. honestly. it still boggles my mind that there are hills so big in the Netherlands. Today I fell for the first time since I arrived. For those of you who know me as a Mtb-er this should tell you something about the terrain...I usually average one or two falls per trip in the don and it has taken me two months to fall here. it was dumb too. I was thrown by a sapling. it jumped out of nowhere and took me down. you're not much fun if you can't laugh at yourself though.
Erin and I are about to find a sunny place to start sorting out our advertising final report. yesterday I found out that we have the two highest marks in the class so really, I think we are overextending ourselves. U of T is going to just say "pass" or "fail" so really there is no difference between a 55 and a 95. Therefore, I think our sunny spot will be on a patio somewhere with some 'refreshments' and more chat than work. Such is life in the south!
Miss you all alot and wish you could be here to enjoy the spring with us!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring has finally spring here too! it's 13 degrees or something! too bad I'm in my lab working 24/7.
Cheers, Marc

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home