Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Just one of those days...

So you know I didn't have the best day yesterday. I went on a ride with Mo, but we missed a turn and wound up on the boringest of boring mtb routes in holland. that says a lot. all farmers roads and the smell of manure for 55km. I got chased by a tractor at one point up a hill, which was a little unnerving. he wanted to pass, but there was no way i was getting off the bike in the middle of a climb, so we remained at a stalemate until i was good and ready to get off. he waved when he went by, so i guess he wasn't as stressed about it as i was. then again, he was the tractor, and i was the lowly moutainbike.
Secondly, my tire blew on a roofing nail. This is the second time this has happened to me in my long biking career, and probably not the last. so we stopped and i did my thing (back tire again...argh) while it threatened to rain, and the temperature caught up to us.
When I got home, I was met with a pounding headache which quickly escalated to a full-out migraine, the effects of which are still persisting, although manageably. That pretty much wrote-off the rest of the day.
The silver lining:
I changed that tire like it was my JOB and reduced the time by a third.
I passed one of those f$%&%^#&@ scooters at 30km/h on my bike and left him in the dirt even when he tried to pass us again. then he turned off, so i am sure it was because he was terrified of getting his ass kicked again by a girl on bike under her own steam while he whines away on his dinky little insult to cycling.
Due to my headache, i was awarded the benefits of a 15 hour migraine induced coma. true, the headache lingered today, but i certainly feel rested.
since my caloric intake was drastically altered due to being asleep, i am consequently starving at the moment, and a little late to meet Erin for 0.55€ soup. so I am off.
send me an email so i have something to read this afternoon between classes ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home